Stryda supports diversity in gaming. We believe esports should be for everyone, regardless of age, gender, race, health status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. Our players and colleagues come from many walks of life, and we want Stryda to reflect that. To do this, we need specific rules and codes of conduct to make the experience safe and fun.
By using Stryda, you agree to our Terms and Conditions rules. These cover everything from player behavior, website use, and how the winnings are handled.
Stryda rules to keep in mind
- Cheating and abusing of any kind is a bannable offense. We take reports of cheating very seriously and investigate them thoroughly.
- Stryda accounts are non-transferable and cannot be sold, exchanged, traded, or shared.
- Deliberately creating multiple accounts to influence challenges, leaderboards, or for any other reason will result in a ban for all of your accounts.
- You cannot use payment methods that do not belong to you, either to deposit or withdraw money.
- You will be required to verify your identity before withdrawing prize money. We use a well-known and respected third-party identity verification provider for your security.
- When making payments or withdrawals, you must use identity verification documentation and payment method that belong to you personally.
- You must not threaten or harass users or staff of Stryda based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. This includes both direct communication via our site and community challenge, as well as display names or other indirect methods.
- Some functions are age-restricted, and all players must be 16 years or older. Deliberately registering an incorrect birthdate, or creating an account on behalf of a younger user to avoid age restrictions, is not permitted.
Player name, team name, and logos
Stryda reserves the right to remove or edit any player or team names, or logos that break the following rules:
- Has resemblance or is identical to any brand or trademark that they don’t own
- That is protected by third-party rights, and you don’t have written permission to use
- That is trying to imitate a real person other than themselves
- That is pure nonsense
- That is inappropriate, including but not limited to disturbing, gory, or pornographic content.
- Discriminatory names, including but not limited to any language regarding ethnicity, nationality, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, are prohibited.
Broadcasting and streaming
Stryda reserves exclusive rights for broadcasting and streaming for all its events. However, we allow users to personally stream their matches and games. Each tournament and game has its own rules regarding streaming; keep yourself informed by checking out the tournament-specific rules.
- You are not allowed to share the received server information with anyone.
- All players are responsible for their technical issues, both hardware and network. Matches won’t be restarted just because someone disconnects and/or their game crashes.
- If a player disconnects, you are allowed to reconnect.
- If a problem, either with a game or with Steam, affects many players, the tournament operator will decide how to handle it and communicate the relevant information.
Stryda code of conduct
Stryda is an open, global esports platform. To ensure an excellent experience for all our users, we expect a certain standard of behavior from our community.
We stand firmly against harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or other status or characteristic protected by law. This applies to our platform, social channels, Discord servers, and other parts of the Stryda experience.
No NSFW content
Stryda is open to users from the age of 16, and content should be age-appropriate. That means no excessive profanity, pornographic, disturbing, gory, or excessively violent materials. If you are unsure, don’t post it. We reserve the right to remove any content we deem inappropriate.
We ask everyone in our community to respect each other. The world of gaming is large and diverse, and you’re likely to interact with people whose personalities and opinions are different from your own. Please don’t attack, insult, or harass other users or members of the Stryda staff.
Keep your account secure
Stryda accounts are non-transferable and cannot be sold, exchanged, traded, or shared. As well as being against the rules, selling or sharing your account puts you at risk from scammers. Keep your login details safe, and don’t give them to anyone else. Stryda staff will never ask you for your account password.
No one likes spam, whether it’s from a human or a bot. This includes both filling up chats or VOIP with nonsense and using the platforms for business purposes or self-promotion unless specifically allowed.
Keep private information private
Do not reveal someone else’s personal information, whether that’s their address, real name, contact details, etc. We also recommend against sharing your private information online.
Stay within the law
Engaging in, or encouraging other users to engage in, illegal activities is strictly forbidden. This includes abiding by the laws around skill-based games in your country or state.
We take reports of cheating very seriously and investigate them thoroughly.
If something concerns you, let us know
If you or someone else is a victim of harassment, please let us know. Similarly, we want to know if you see someone talking or behaving in a way that makes you concerned for their health or well-being. Please feel free to contact customer support here.
As a company, we are working to improve both our services and our internal policies, continuing to educate ourselves and striving to address our biases. If you have feedback or suggestions for Stryda, we’d love to hear from you.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article